Dr. David Schwartzbein, Ph.D., C.Psych
Dr. David Schwartzbein is a manager of Psychological Services with the Toronto District School Board.
Currently not taking new clients
Dr. David Schwartzbein is a Chief Psychologist, Area D, with the Toronto District School Board. He also has maintained a private practice in Thornhill, Ontario for over 20 years. If you are interested in having your child assessed, he personally works with you and your child from the first meeting, through any and all testing that is required, to the final report and feedback session. Dr. Schwartzbein is also a very experienced therapist and provides individual, couple, and family therapy for children 12 and up and also with adults.
Dr. Schwartzbein is a popular speaker and is happy to present on topics ranging from anxiety, depression, executive function, growth mindset, and psychoeducational assessment.
Dr. David Schwartzbein Provides Assessment, Testing and Treatment for:
- Learning disabilities
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) for children and adults
- Gifted Screening
- Adult, Adolescent, Child, individual counselling
- Couple Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Parenting Support
- Ph.D. Clinical and Counseling Psychology - York University
- BA - McGill University
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Canadian Register of Health Services Providers in Psychology
- Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
Lauren Goldhamer, M.Ed. Registered Psychotherapist
Lauren Goldhamer has over 20 years experience working with people with eating disorders, body image concerns and self-esteem issues. She is also experienced at working with individuals who struggle with depression, anxiety, general life issues and stress. For 15 years, Lauren was the Eating Disorder Specialist and therapist at Bellwood Health Services, a residential addictions treatment center in Toronto. She has also been a clinical therapist at the Waterstone Clinic, facilitated many groups at Sheena's Place, a support centre for people affected by eating disorders in Toronto, and maintained a private practice at Thornhill Therapy. She is currently at Thornhill Therapy full time.
Lauren holds an M.Ed. in Applied Psychology-Counselling (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education) and advanced training in several forms of therapy (listed below).
Some people may remember Lauren from her previous career as a Certified Movement Analyst and director of the Lauren Goldhamer Studio, and dance/movement studio in downtown Toronto.
Areas of Practice
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, Compulsive Eating
- Body image
- Self –esteem and self-criticism
- Anxiety and depression
- Adults and older teens
Additional Training and Credentials
- Certificate and advanced training in Enhanced Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT-E) from the Center for Research in Eating Disorders, Oxford. (Oxford University)
- Certificate and training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (Continuing Education Program, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, U. of T.)
- Certificate in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Skills Training (Behavior Tech)
- Advanced Certificate in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (Dellcrest-Hincks, Toronto)
- Member, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Member, Eating Disorders Association of Canada
- Clinical Member, Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists
- Member of the Canadian Alliance for Compassion-Focussed Therapy consultation group